The Baby Journal
Welcome to our baby journal! This is where I (Kathleen) will write down my various thoughts, experiences, and milestones as I go through pregnancy and even beyond into new motherhood. I invite you to check in each month to see what's new and happening.
Tip: To read each month's posts in the order they were published, scroll to the bottom and read from bottom to top. (The most recent post will always appear at the top- I haven't figured out how to change this.)
A) Have the newest posts delivered directly to your email!
B) Add The Baby Journal to your favorite service by clicking on one of these buttons!!
Monday, March 14, 2005
This morning, Monday, March 14th, 2005, Luke and I went in to see our doctor in order to confirm an intrauterine pregnancy. The doctor performed a vaginal ultrasound and was able to immediately identify the gestational sack, the yolk sack, and the "fetal pole" - aka the baby. :D After a few more seconds, the doctor also confidently spotted a heartbeat! She was "very impressed" to be able to see the heartbeat so early. Luke could also see the heartbeat clearly. Thanks to his job, he's used to looking at funky pics like that, but I only think I saw the heartbeat. I just couldn't see it consistently enough to be sure for myself. My angle was the most difficult, and everything was moving a lot. I don't care though. I have faith in what the doctor and Luke saw. I'll see it next time. The doctor also measured the fetal pole and determined it to be 6wks0days in size, even though I am only 5wks6days gestational age. She joked that the baby is an "over-achiever"! Then she checked to see if the baby had any company in there- thankfully, no. Just one baby. After that she checked my ovaries and they looked good as well. Overall, she said I "passed with flying colors"! We got to take home a pic of the ultrasound. I'm dying to show it off!!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home