Being Induced Tonight!!!
Because I am being induced I will not be allowed to deliver in the Birth Center as hoped for. I will be in the Labor and Delivery Unit. This is because they will need to have the baby under constant fetal monitoring (something I'd hoped to avoid) and because they will need to continually monitor my contractions as well. These monitors will restrict my ability to walk to the length of cord attached to the machine (about 3 -4 feet). I will also not be allowed to labor in water as I had been very much hoping to do.
The good news... everyone says Ethan looks GREAT and for the last 24hrs I've had some physical changes which seem to me like I might be in the early stages of labor anyway. Hopefully these changes will make for a much easier induction as inductions are known for entailing long and strong contractions (more so than natural labor).
Everyone has been called and our bags are all packed. Not EVERYTHING is as I would have hoped it would be when he came (i.e. I haven't finished his baby quilt) but everything that NEEDS to be ready ... is.
Other good news, my sister doesn't have school for the next three days, my dad already had tomorrow scheduled as a day off, and everyone on my side of the family was home and immediately able to come when we called. :-D
Not so good news, Luke's mother and eldest sister are currently in Mexico and we are not able to get in touch with them. However his youngest sister and father will be there.
Okay, I think that's it. Please keep us in your prayers! Wisdom, strength, relaxation & focus, and a complete trust in God are some specific things to pray for. Also traveling mercies for our families as well. Thanks!
Just think..... The next time I post on here it will be as a new mommy! :-D





1 Comments:
Just know that Julia and I are praying for you all. We love you guys.
Post a Comment
<< Home