3 Major Milestones! & 1 Major Event!
Ethan's whole world was tossed about when we moved apartments April 21st - 30th. The whole thing clearly confused & frightened him, causing him to not only become a momma's boy, but even to fuss any time I even turned my back on him, let alone walked a few steps away! As you can imagine, this did not make the process any easier or faster, but we managed and did our best to give him anything that would create "normal" for him (i.e. his lovie "lamby", his favorite toys, & his favorite dvd) while we packed and loaded and unloaded. Some days were better than others as usual, but it was a very trying time for him. We are now fully moved (though still unpacking) and he is finally starting to feel secure again. He is back to sleeping in his own crib again and doesn't fuss every time I leave the room.
The 1st Major Milestone:
On April 24th, 2006 Ethan turned 6 months old! That's half a year! That means we have LESS than a year before he will be ... *gasp*... ONE YEAR OLD!!!!
The 2nd Major Milestone:
One day (I forgot to write down the exact date- my bad) between April 23-26, 2006, Ethan CRUISED!!! For those of you who don't know, this is when a baby essentially walks by holding on to furniture without letting go and simply moves around the edges of the furniture. In Ethan's case it was our new bathtub. He's getting more and more proficient at pulling himself up by simply holding onto my hands (which I just hold firm and don't help lift) so when he did this once, I turned and positioned him so that he was holding onto the tub- expecting him simply to stand there strengthening his legs. To my utter shock and amazement, he began to side-step away from me and along the tub, moving his hands and feet in a very wobbly yet methodical fashion! He made it from the center of the tub to the far left, then decided to go to the far right, and then made it back to the center! At which point he tried to let go of both hands simulataneously and promptly fell on his bottom! I cannot tell you how shocked I STILL am that he did this! What's frustrating, however, is that I CANNOT get him to do it again!!! So his daddy likes to tease me that I dreamed the whole thing, but I swear to you that it DID happen!!!
The 3rd Major Milestone:
ETHAN GOT HIS FIRST TOOTH!!! The morning of May 2, 2006 I was allowing Ethan to knaw on my finger when I suddenly felt something sharp! After wrestling his little tongue to get a peek, I confirmed it! A little clear tooth was just poking through the gums! WOW! I got so excited I called everybody! My boy has his first tooth! Oh my goodness! He is getting SOOOOO grown up!
Be sure to check out the latest pics on our family pic blog:
www.denlyfamilypics.blogspot.com
(Remember: there is always a link to the picture blog in the top portion of this blog)
Special thanks to Julia for the Creative Night pics of Ethan & Levi!





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home