August Update
Since then I've realized that I haven't told you about all the "words" Ethan can say. So, here's the list:
mama (no question. he knows what "mama" means. 50% says it on command.)
dada (not 100% on the meaning yet. almost getting it.)
numnum (means food but often sound like "mummum". definately knows what it means. occasionally says it on command.)
nana (he's not sure on the clarity of what it means, but he can say it.)
Hi! (definately knows what it means. refuses to say it on cue. usually accompanied by waving.)
out (clearly doesn't know what he's saying, and always leaves off the "t", but definately understands the command. mostly said as echo to when we say it.)
up up (definately knows what it means. usually says it on command.)
Understands these commands:
sit down. (verbally)
out. (verbally, but needs body language to get obedience)
stand up. (needs body language)
up up. (verbally)
no. (verbally)
put it down. (verbally)
do not touch. (verbally)
come here. (verbally)
Favorite Games/Activities:
Peekaboo
Far away, super close, far away, super close (especially face to face)
Fast movement ( i.e lifting fast toward ceiling)
Row row row your boat (sits in my lap facing me and I hold his hands and we "row the boat")
Bouncing
Singing
Book reading!!! (loves being read to!)
Putting balls into wholes in dinosaur Mega Toy (very efficient at it now!)
Pushing black ottoman on wheels around the apartment and down the hall
Anything where other kids are close to or paying attention to him.
Razzing mama's belly or other body part to make her laugh
New mannerism:
Will put his face nose to nose with yours to get your attention (like now while I'm typing ;-D)
Current clothing size:
Barely fits size 9mths, still a little swimming in the size 12mths- shirts and onesies.
Doesn't fit most 12mths shorts or pants, looks too big in 9mth shorts/pants.
Latest new foods:
lunch ham cooked in nonstick skillet
cooked egg yolk (scrambled, poached, or hard boiled) - no whites.
Walking Status:
Still only taken 1 step at a time... about 4-6 times now. Getting steadier on his feet every day. Only a matter of time now.
Side Note:
Ethan got ahold of a roll of paper towels the other day and had unrolled about 1/4 of it before I caught him. (I was tipped off by the ripping sounds.) This may be the first kid I'm in charge of who gives me reason to need a toilet roll protector!
Something funny I got in my email today:
New definitions for familiar words:
FEEDBACK: The inevitable result when a baby doesn't appreciate the mashed carrots. (Or in Ethan's case- avocado.)
HEARSAY: What toddlers do when anyone mutters a dirty word. (Ethan's will probably be Crap, boogersnot, and poo!- thanks to mama)
PRENATAL: When your life was still somewhat your own.
PUDDLE: A small body of water that draws other small bodies wearing dry shoes.
STERILIZE: What you do to your first baby's pacifier by boiling it and to your last baby's pacifier by blowing on it. (ummm if I'm already blowing/dusting, what does that mean??)
TOP BUNK: Where you should never put a child wearing Superman pajamas.
WHOOPS: An exclamation that translates roughly into "get a washrag."
Denly code:
HONEY, I NEED HELP!
Translates: Ethan just spit up everywhere! -Unless it comes from the changing table, in which case there will be either pee or poo involved.
Have a poop free day! :-D





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home