The Baby Journal

Welcome to our baby journal! This is where I (Kathleen) will write down my various thoughts, experiences, and milestones as I go through pregnancy and even beyond into new motherhood. I invite you to check in each month to see what's new and happening.

Tip: To read each month's posts in the order they were published, scroll to the bottom and read from bottom to top. (The most recent post will always appear at the top- I haven't figured out how to change this.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

I'm a small town girl living in a big city.

Subscribe to this blog!

There are two new ways to get the latest updates! Pick your favorite!

A) Have the newest posts delivered directly to your email!



Powered by FeedBlitz

OR

B) Add The Baby Journal to your favorite service by clicking on one of these buttons!!

Add to Google Subscribe in Bloglines Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Don't see your favorite service? Follow this link to for more options!

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

First time hearing the heartbeat!

Wednesday, April 20th, 2005 was the date for our second appointment with the Midwife. The big question in our minds as we waited for that date to finally arrive: Would we be able to hear the baby's heartbeat??? So when the date finally did arrive and the midwife began by asking us if we had any questions, I confessed, "Not really, I think we just really want to hear the heartbeat!" So she said that would be the first thing she would do.
Within minutes my belly was jelled up and before I finished answering her questions about my symptoms, I suddenly fell silent because the sound of our tiny baby's heartbeat was filling the room! I was filled with so much awe it was overwhelming and I felt myself tearing up! Luke and I just looked at each other with the silliest grins! I think I was subconsciously trying to memorize the sound, but before I knew it, it was over and the midwife was telling us the heartbeat was 140-150bpm. It was about a minute before I admitted that I didn't know whether that was normal or not (though I suspected it was), and she assured me it was perfectly normal and healthy.
The midwife also measured my uterus (which was also normal) and the rest of the appointment was alloted to answering the questions that I had suddenly remembered I did have. :-D
Among my questions were those regarding exercise, because I am pleased to report that the morning sickness and utter exhaustion have finally disappeared for the most part, and I am so relieved to begin feeling like myself again! Hurray for the Second Trimester! (In case you're wondering- I enter the 13th week of pregnancy tomorrow.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Thank you for visiting this blog!

Don't forget to subscribe so you won't miss a moment of the action! ;)