The Baby Journal

Welcome to our baby journal! This is where I (Kathleen) will write down my various thoughts, experiences, and milestones as I go through pregnancy and even beyond into new motherhood. I invite you to check in each month to see what's new and happening.

Tip: To read each month's posts in the order they were published, scroll to the bottom and read from bottom to top. (The most recent post will always appear at the top- I haven't figured out how to change this.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

I'm a small town girl living in a big city.

Subscribe to this blog!

There are two new ways to get the latest updates! Pick your favorite!

A) Have the newest posts delivered directly to your email!



Powered by FeedBlitz

OR

B) Add The Baby Journal to your favorite service by clicking on one of these buttons!!

Add to Google Subscribe in Bloglines Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Don't see your favorite service? Follow this link to for more options!

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Our 2nd Ultrasound, fetal movements, and a name!

Monday, June 20th, 2005, Luke and I went in for my second ultrasound. We discovered that I am carrying a perfectly healthy BABY BOY!!! In fact, he is measuring nearly 2 weeks larger than he should be. This is not a surprise because Luke was born at 11lbs 1oz and each of his sisters were 10lbs! There was no doubt about his gender, and each doctor who pokes and peers at him comments on how much more active he is than most babies his age. So, yes, I am now feeling his powerful kicks, hits, and various other acrobatics.

I first noticed the movements toward the end of my 18th week, but wasn't sure what they were until the beginning of my 19th week. He definately has an attitude already. He STRONGLY dislikes any amount of pressure on his home. If my pant waist is in the wrong place he will not hesitate to inform me of his discomfort, and the same goes for the seatbelt, a full bladder, lying on my back (gravity), or even too much bending over. He also has a strong aversion to the doppler and ultrasound monitors. He gave the ultrasound tech a run for her money trying to pin down certain parts. He'd just keep trying to get away from the pressure and directly kicking at the monitor! LOL! It took her 6 tries to get a measurement of his head! The stubborn little guy kept wedging his head down in my pelvis where there was a little bone structure to sheild him from her prodding! LOL! The other thing that really annoys him is a rumbly stomach on my part. He lets me know that I'm hungry before I even register it myself! Then he usually does a little happy dance once I'm digesting (happy because it's much gentler on me)! :D It's amazing how distinct his movements are now that I know them. I've even been able to see a few of his stronger kicks from the outside, and Luke has felt them as well.

Oh, and yes, this stubbornly opinionated little boy has a name: Ethan Luke Denly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Thank you for visiting this blog!

Don't forget to subscribe so you won't miss a moment of the action! ;)