The Baby Journal

Welcome to our baby journal! This is where I (Kathleen) will write down my various thoughts, experiences, and milestones as I go through pregnancy and even beyond into new motherhood. I invite you to check in each month to see what's new and happening.

Tip: To read each month's posts in the order they were published, scroll to the bottom and read from bottom to top. (The most recent post will always appear at the top- I haven't figured out how to change this.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

I'm a small town girl living in a big city.

Subscribe to this blog!

There are two new ways to get the latest updates! Pick your favorite!

A) Have the newest posts delivered directly to your email!



Powered by FeedBlitz

OR

B) Add The Baby Journal to your favorite service by clicking on one of these buttons!!

Add to Google Subscribe in Bloglines Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Don't see your favorite service? Follow this link to for more options!

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Baby hurts = Mommy hurts

Friday, January 13th was Ethan's second pediatrician appointment. All went well. The doctor, nurse, and resident all commented on how advanced Ethan was for his age- both physically and developmentally. In fact the resident, after placing Ethan on his tummy, commented, "Wow! He's practically crawling already!" Which is true. The only thing Ethan can't seem to figure out is how to turn his toes under to grip the carpet. Heaven help us when this kid gets mobile!

Now for the sad news: Ethan also had his first vaccination that day. :-( He didn't cry at the initial prick of the needle, but when they started pushing in the liquid the poor baby was crying so sadly! He only cried about 1 minute, but it was SO hard to take! I teared up myself and I'm not sure how I actually kept from completely balling except that I was maybe too busy trying to comfort him. As far as we can tell there were no adverse effects- except maybe a tad more crankiness for the next couple of hours.
As NOT fun as that was, we had to repeat the experience all over again on Tuesday for a different vaccine, and we'll get to do it again next week. :-( Vaccines suck! - okay not really, but I hope they come up with a better way some day.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who do you have for healthcare??? At Kaiser they do Levi's vaccines all at once . . . 3 shots of pure torture, but at least it gets it over and done with. By the way, you're not alone, I tear up too!

1:56 PM, January 20, 2006  
Blogger KMD said...

Actually, that is exactly what my pediatrician would prefer (all at once), but after doing the research on vaccinations, Luke & decided to:

1)Not have all of them done (we felt that in some cases the risks associated with the vaccine outweighed the risk of/ associated with the particular illness).

2)Have the vaccinations spread out to avoid overwhelming Ethan's still developing immune system.

I realize these are not everyone's choices, but these are the decisions we came to.

11:16 AM, January 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Thank you for visiting this blog!

Don't forget to subscribe so you won't miss a moment of the action! ;)